The Case for Defunding Planned Parenthood – Prolegomena*
As you may or may not know – but you probably know – there is a developing push to defund Planned Parenthood. You might also know – but perhaps not – what exactly that means, or why it is being pushed. In the following posts, I hope to bring you up to speed.
A few disclosures are required:
– At this point, I agree with the push to defund Planned Parenthood (PP). Readers may assume a bias, but I don’t think it disqualifies me to inform you.
– Moreover, I will attempt to engage what the PP apologists are saying.
– You are your own judge and jury. I will assume you are of fair and sound mind, even if you are inclined one way or another.
– While I will try to make the best, most complete case possible, I am not a full-time journalist, and furthermore, it is possible that I will make some errors. Factual errors will gladly be corrected.
– I am pro-life. What you read is a greatly subdued tone, in order to make a dispassionate case to the as yet uninformed and undecided. If you are committed either way, I encourage you to keep your peace, or write your own blog posts.
Here is my outline:
1. The layman’s legal case to defund PP.
2. The moral case to defund PP, even if you are pro-choice.
3. My on-going case to protect the lives of the unborn.
See you next time.
One thought on “The Case for Defunding Planned Parenthood – Prolegomena*”